Tag Archives: Dam

Paradise River Hydroelectric Plant

During the summer of 1916, the newly formed Rainer National Park Company (RNPC) constructed a 250-horsepower hydroelectric power plant on Van Trump Creek above Christine Falls to provide electrical power for the construction of the Paradise Inn. Four years later in the summer of 1920, with business booming and an expansion of the Inn underway, the RNPC requested permission from the National Park Service (NPS) to replace its small power plant on Van Trump Creek with a larger installation near the confluence of the Paradise and Nisqually rivers.
Continue reading